Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"Old Vyatka" - RUSSIA

This official card came from Russia and was sent by Ann, a young Postcrosser that doesn't like snow (must be hard to live in central Russia and disliking snow). Unfortunately she didn't give me any information about the painting, except that it represented an old part of her city Kirov. After a lot of Google search, and some frustrating attempts of translate the backside, I've found out that there is a book called "Old Vyatka" by the artist Tatyana Dedova (it costs more than $200 on amazon.com!) with several watercolor paintings that represent the city of Kirov in the time of her grandparents... I think! Well, the main thing is I like this illustration a lot and I'm really glad I received it - thanks a lot Ann! This postcard took 48 days to arrive!

Watercolor "Old Vyatka" by Tatyana Dedova - RUSSIA

 

No comments:

Post a Comment