Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lyon - FRANCE - UNESCO #872

A Portuguese postcrosser that I've met in the official forum went to the Historic French city of Lyon for a well deserved vacations after getting his Master degree - first of all let me congratulate you for your recent diploma - and he sent me this beautiful multiview card of that amazing city that I've visited 4 years ago and really loved. Thank you very much Tiago for remembering me and help my UNESCO WHS collection, this is the 228th, only 753 to finish. This postcard took 6 days to arrive!

UNESCO #872 - Historic City of Lyon - FRANCE
 
The long history of Lyons, which was founded by the Romans in the 1st century B.C. as the capital of the Three Gauls and has continued to play a major role in Europe's political, cultural and economic development ever since, is vividly illustrated by its urban fabric and the many fine historic buildings from all periods.
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment