Thursday, October 24, 2013

Praia do Jutuba, Santarém - BRAZIL

This card came from Brazil, sent by a friend I've met in the Postcrossing Forum and I must tell you it made me laugh. I know that it was normal to put mainland names in the New World 500 years ago (New York, New Orleans, New Amsterdam, etc) but I must confess I didn't knew that "Alter do Chão" in "New Santarém" existed and it was such a beautiful Paradise (I laughed specially because "Alter do Chão" in Portugal is a small village far away from the sea, known mostly for horse breeding). Thank you so much Luzia, I love your card and I hope you had lots of fun in your vacations in Pará. This postcard took 14 days to arrive!
 
Praia do Jutuba, Santarém, Pará, Amazônia - BRAZIL
  
Santarém is a city in the state of Pará in Brazil. The Tapajós joins the Amazon River there, and it is a popular location for tourism. It is the second most important city in the state and the financial and economic center of the western part of the state. The city was founded in 1661 as New Santarém (after the city in Portugal) and is one of the oldest cities in the Brazilian Amazon.
 

1 comment:

  1. best thingin postcrossing is to amaze people with simple piece of paper!

    ReplyDelete