Monday, October 07, 2013

Ningaloo - AUSTRALIA - UNESCO #1369

Look at this amazing Maxicard that was waiting for me today on the bottom of my mailbox. I've never made scuba diving (tried snorkling twice and enjoyed it a lot) but I would really love to be able to see this reefs in situ, specially in this part of the planet - Australia, an old dream destination! Thank you so much Azzi for sending me my first UNESCO postcard from "down under", I really love it and now my collection rises to 174 WHS, only 807 to finish. This postcard took 12 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #1369 - Below Ningaloo Reef, WA - AUSTRALIA
 
The 604,500 hectare marine and terrestrial property of Ningaloo Coast, on the remote western coast of Australia, includes one of the longest near-shore reefs in the world. On land the site features an extensive karst system and network of underground caves and water courses. Annual gatherings of whale sharks occur at Ningaloo Coast, which is home to numerous marine species, among them a wealth of sea turtles.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment