Friday, October 11, 2013

Drakensberg Park - SOUTH AFRICA - UNESCO #985

My first card from South Africa is a transboundary UNESCO site! These are very cool because I can cross more than one item in the list, in this case South Africa and Lesotho (and since this is the only WHS in Lesotho it's a complete country even without receiving any card from there yet!). Thank you so much Kerryn - as you know I have a huge passion for wild Africa specially after having worked in Mozambique for a year (I've visited Kruger Park several times) and I daydream in returning there almost every day... well as for my collection I now have 183, only 798 WHS missing. This postcard took 16 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #985 - Drakensberg Natural Park - SOUTH AFRICA
  
The Maloti-Drakensberg Park is a transboundary site composed of the uKhahlamba Drakensberg National Park in South Africa and the Sehlathebe National Park in Lesotho. The site has exceptional natural beauty in its soaring basaltic buttresses, incisive dramatic cutbacks, and golden sandstone ramparts as well as visually spectacular sculptured arches, caves, cliffs, pillars and rock pools. The site's diversity of habitats protects a high level of endemic and globally important plants.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment