Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Taj Mahal - INDIA - UNESCO #252

And finally I have the famous Taj Mahal in my collection! This is one of the first sites that came to our mind when we think in India and visit it it's on my bucket list since I was a toddler... Thank you very much Sai for this amazing swap. With this 3 fantastic postcards I now have 149 sites in my collection, only 832 to go. This postcard took 8 days to arrive!

UNESCO #252 - Taj Mahal - INDIA
 
The Taj Mahal is located on the right bank of the Yamuna River in a vast Mughal garden that encompasses nearly 17 hectares, in the Agra District in Uttar Pradesh. It was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal with construction starting in 1632 AD and completed in 1648 AD. The Taj Mahal is the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world's heritage.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment