Thursday, September 12, 2013

Swallow's Nest Castle, Crimea - UKRAINE

It's always a wonderful feeling when you get a official card from someone you know (and I bet that sending it would be great to) - it's the second time it happens to me, in this case it was Valya, my sweet ukranian friend that sent me another wonderful card from Crimea. She says that the Swallow's Nest is one of the most popular visitor attractions of the Crimea's southern coastline. It looks really amazing - I definitely must visit Crimea one of this days. Tanks a lot Valya, I love your card. This postcard took 8 days to arrive!

The "Swallow's Nest" Castle in Miskhor, Crimea - UKRAINE
 
The Swallow's Nest is a decorative castle located between Yalta and Alupka on the Crimean peninsula in southern Ukraine. It was built between 1911 and 1912 in Gaspra, on top of the 40-metre  high Aurora Cliff, to a Neo-Gothic design by the Russian architect Leonid Sherwood.The castle overlooks the Cape of Ai-Todor on the Black Sea coast and is located near the remains of the Roman castrum of Charax.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment