Thursday, September 26, 2013

St. Stephens Cathedral, Vienna - AUSTRIA - UNESCO #1033

Vienna is one of the most beautiful capital cities of UE I've visited (and one of the most expensive to) filled with amazing monuments and a indescribable romantic environment. The Stephansdom dominates the city center and in a coffee nearby I remember eating the most delicious chocolate cake of my life. This card was sent by Tara, the wife of my good Canadian friend Jason, that went there on a tour for her Master's program. Thank you very much for reminding me. With this card (my first from Austria!) I reach 162 in my collection, only 819 to the end. This postcard took 3 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #1033 - St.Stephens, Vienna - AUSTRIA
 
Vienna developed from early Celtic and Roman settlements into a Medieval and Baroque city, the capital of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The historic centre of Vienna is rich in architectural ensembles, including Baroque castles and gardens, as well as the late-19th-century Ringstrasse lined with grand buildings, monuments and parks. The church of St Stephen became reference for an independent bishopric in 1469 and an archbishopric in 1718.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment