Monday, September 09, 2013

Historic Center of Prague - CZECH REPUBLIC - UNESCO #616

Today I've got my first card of Prague, a town that really fascinates me but that I haven't visited yet (don't ask me why because I really don't know, maybe I keep delaying a trip to Prague and Budapest in order to keep the expectations, like that wine you save for a special occasion). Thank you very much Marek, now I have 143 UNESCO sites in my collection, only 838 to the end. This postcard took 12 days to arrive!
  
UNESCO #616 - Historic Center of Prague - CZECH REPUBLIC
 
Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe in terms of its setting on both banks of the Vltava River, its townscape of burger houses and palaces punctuated by towers, and its individual buildings. Built between the 11th and 18th centuries, the Old Town, the Lesser Town and the New Town speak of the great architectural and cultural influence enjoyed by this city since the Middle Ages. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment