Monday, September 16, 2013

Canadian Rockies Mountain Park - CANADA - UNESCO #304

Today in my mailbox only one lonely card was expecting me... but to a postcrosser each card is a gift and even when the mailbox isn't full, it's always a wonderful feeling to have something waiting for me. This time another great card from my friend Jason from Canada (the person I've sent one of my first official cards and since then a regular provider) with a wonderful picture of the Canadian Rockies, a UNESCO site I already have, but it's a nice add-on to my collection. Thanks a lot man! This postcard took 6 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #304 - The Canadian Rockies - CANADA
 
The contiguous national parks of Banff, Jasper, Kootenay and Yoho, as well as the Mount Robson, Mount Assiniboine and Hamber provincial parks, studded with mountain peaks, glaciers, lakes, waterfalls, canyons and limestone caves, form a striking mountain landscape. The Burgess Shale fossil site, well known for its fossil remains of soft-bodied marine animals, is also found there.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment