Sunday, August 11, 2013

Vorontsov Palace, Crimea - UKRAINE

Ok, now that I've finish upoloading the official postcards and the ones I've sent to myself, I'll post the cards sent by friends and the direct swaps. The first come from my sweet friend Valya that had her vacations in Crimea. Thank you for this wonderful card and the special edition stamp from the Eurocup 2012.

The Palace of Count M. S. Vorontsov, Crimea - UKRAINE
 
The Vorontsov Palace was built from 1828 through 1848 for Prince Mikhail Semyonovich Vorontsov for use as his personal summer residence. It is an historic palace situated at the foot of the Crimean Mountains near the town of Alupka in Crimea, southern Ukraine. The Vorontsov Palace is one of the oldest and largest residential palaces in all of Crimea, and is one of the most popular tourist attractions on Crimea's southern coast.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment