Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tikal - GUATEMALA - UNESCO #64

The third card Ale sent me from Guatemala is definitely my favorite - I've always loved the Mayan culture and Tikal is another of that magical places I have inscribed in my big list of sites I dream to visit one day... Thank you very much Ale, I really loved all the cards you sent me in this amazing swap. Ok now, with this three, my collection rises to 135 UNESCO sites, only 846 to the end, and I've completed Guatemala! This postcards took 15 days to arrive! 

UNESCO #64 - Tikal National Park - GUATEMALA
 
In the heart of the jungle, surrounded by lush vegetation, lies one of the major sites of Mayan civilization, inhabited from the 6th century B.C. to the 10th century A.D. The ceremonial centre contains superb temples and palaces, and public squares accessed by means of ramps. Remains of dwellings are scattered throughout the surrounding countryside.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment