Saturday, August 10, 2013

St. John's Cathedral,'s-Hertogenbosch - NETHERLANDS

On my way to Gouda one more stop for a fresh lemonade and a visit to the most important Gothic Cathedral in the Netherlands on a town with a name I can't pronounce, no matter how many times I try - St. John's Cathedral in 's-Hertogenbosch. I'm not a believer, but I really love to visit sacred places (from all religions) and the interior of this cathedral is simply breathtaking beautiful; the paintings on the ceiling are marvelous and the pipe organ is probably the most impressive I've seen and heard in my life.

 St. John's Cathedral in 's-Hertogenbosch - NETHERLANDS
 
The Roman Catholic Cathedral Church of St. John (Sint-Janskathedraal) of 's-Hertogenbosch, North Brabant is the height of gothic architecture in the Netherlands. It has an extensive and richly decorated interior, and serves as the cathedral for the bishopric of 's-Hertogenbosch. The cathedral has a total length of 115 and a width of 62 metres. Its tower reaches 73 metres high. In 1985, it received the honorary title of Basilica Minor from pope John Paul II.



No comments:

Post a Comment