Monday, August 26, 2013

Porto - PORTUGAL - UNESCO #755

Today I've got my first repeated card - it was just a matter of time - to be honest I don't mind, each postcard has a background story and the idea that someone remembered and took the time to buy, write, stamp and mail me a postcard is enough for me to cherish it. Thanks a lot Fernanda, I will not add this to the UNESCO list and stats, but I post it in my blog with pleasure... all the best for you! This postcard took 4 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #755 - Oporto (Aerial View) - PORTUGAL
 
The city of Oporto, built along the hillsides overlooking the mouth of the Douro river, is an outstanding urban landscape with a 2,000-year history. Its continuous growth, linked to the sea (the Romans gave it the name Portus, or port), can be seen in the many and varied monuments, from the cathedral with its Romanesque choir, to the neoclassical Stock Exchange and the typically Portuguese Manueline-style Church of Santa Clara.
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment