Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pedrogão Beach - PORTUGAL

The Pedrogão Beach was one of my favorite spots when I lived in Leiria (along with São Pedro de Moel). It's difficult for a Portuguese to stay away from the sea during the summer... my sweet friend Ana Paula went on a  beach vacation last week and sent me this nice postcard - thanks a lot, I'm sorry about the bad weather, I promise I didn't cast any spell. This postcard took 2 days to arrive!

Pedrogão Beach, West Atlantic Coast - PORTUGAL
 
Situated on the marvellous Atlantic Coast, the Pedrógão Beach which stretches to Fausto beach on the north and Foz do Rio Lis beach on the south; it lies between the pine forest and the sea. Pedrogão owes its name to the big rocks next to the sea. In this lovely summer resort in the Leiria Municipality, were discovered recently vestiges that show off that this area has been occupied by Men since pre-history. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment