Monday, August 12, 2013

Algarve - PORTUGAL

Now that I'm back home, I can enjoy again the nice feeling of opening the mailbox at the end of the day and discover some postcards waiting for me - it's really nice and kind of a comforting feeling, specially after a difficult day. Today I received two cards from my sister sent from her vacation in Algarve early this month. Thank you very much Helena, unfortunately this year I'm not going to Algarve, but thanks to your cards I can still feel a little of the scent of that beautiful mackerel and chill on that rocky beach! This postcard took 11 days to arrive! 
 
Traditional Fish Seller - PORTUGAL

Praia da Marinha. Algarve - PORTUGAL
 
The Algarve (from Arabic Al-Gharb, meaning "The West") is the southernmost region of mainland Portugal. The region coincides with the Faro District, and has as its administrative centre the city of Faro. Production of food, which includes fish and other seafood, fruit, oranges, carob beans, figs and almonds, is also economically important in the region. The Algarve is the most popular tourist destination in Portugal, and one of the most popular in Europe. Almost 10 million people visit the Algarve every year.
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment