Friday, July 19, 2013

2013 Calendar, Lisbon - PORTUGAL

This postcard has a funny history - in the POSTCROSSING Forum we were discussing the Portuguese Annual Meeting (the one that took place in Aveiro, last weekend) and I mixed June with July (potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto) - he promised me a calendar so I won't get confused again. Thanks a lot Zé, I laughed real loud when I saw this on my mailbox! This postcard took 22 days to arrive!

12 Lisbon Views on a 2013 Calendar - PORTUGAL
  
A calendar is a system of organizing days for social, religious, commercial or administrative purposes. This is done by giving names to periods of time, typically days, weeks, months, and years. A date is the designation of a single, specific day within such a system. Periods in a calendar (such as years and months) are usually synchronized with the cycle of the sun or the moon. The English word calendar is derived from the Latin word calendae, which was the Latin name of the first day of every month.



No comments:

Post a Comment