Thursday, June 06, 2013

Zaragoza - SPAIN

My first Spanish card since I joined POSTCROSSING came from Zaragoza a city I only visit briefly once on the way to France... thank you very much Helena for this beautiful card of the Basilica del Pilar. In front we can see the octagonal Mudejar Tower of San Pablo (Saint Paul), part of the Mudejar Architecture of Aragon (UNESCO) - I wonder if I could use this one on my collection? Maybe not, It's more a city view card. More will arrive or maybe I'll go there one of this days. This postcard took 9 days to arrive!

Zaragoza (City View) - SPAIN

Zaragoza (also called Saragossa in English) is the capital city of the Zaragoza province and of the autonomous community of Aragon, Spain. It is situated on the Ebro river and its tributaries, the Huerva and the Gállego, near the centre of the region, in a valley with a variety of landscapes, ranging from desert (Los Monegros) to thick forest, meadows and mountains.

The Basilica–Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar (Spanish: Catedral-Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pilar) is a Roman Catholic church that venerates Blessed Virgin Mary, praised as Mother of the Hispanic Peoples by Pope John Paul II. It is reputed to be the first church dedicated to Mary in history.



2 comments:

  1. I glad you like it!! :)
    [Sorry it took so long to answer. I'm with exams!!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it a lot... GOOD LUCK on your exams! :)

    ReplyDelete