Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wild Hollyhock - BARBADOS

Today I received my first card from Barbados, a place I would really like to visit one day - Suzi send me a special edition postcard released in 1989 to celebrate one of the indigenous wild plant of that amazingly beautiful island. Thanks a lot Suzi, I loved the card, the stamp and the nice message you wrote. This postcard took 28 days to arrive!

Wild Hollyhock(Iliamna rivularis) - BARBADOS

Wild Hollyhock (Iliamna rivularis), is a perennial plant species in the family Malvaceae. The plant grows 3 to 6 feet tall from a woody caudex and produces dense racemes of soft lavender-pink flowers. Plants blooms from June through August. They have five to seven lobed, cordate leaves. Seeds have a very hard coat and can remain viable in the soil for more than 50 years, seed germination is often triggered after a wildfire.



No comments:

Post a Comment