Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Krtek, the mole - CZECH REPUBLIC

What an amazing Maxi-Card I got today, sent by Vera from Czech Republic! I must confess I didn't knew the KRTEK character, I probably saw it when I was very young (in the late 70s and early 80s Eastern European animation appeared a lot in Portuguese television) but I honestly don't remember. But with almost 60 years the little mole is very famous around the whole world, it even went orbit 2 years ago in the space shuttle (the astronaut is married with a Czech that gave him the idea) Thanks a lot Vera for introducing me to this nice fella... I really love Maxi-Cards! This postcard took 7 days to arrive!
 
 The Mole and the Rocket (Krteček a raketa)
  
Krtek (or The Mole in English) was first seen in 1956 in Prague, when Czech director and animator Zdeněk Miler decided to create a children's cartoon. He wanted a strong Disney influence to the cartoon by choosing an animal for the leading role, and decided to pick a mole after stumbling over a molehill during a walk. The first film called "Jak krtek ke kalhotkám přišel"  was released in 1956. Production for further episodes started in 1963 and since then, around 50 episodes have been created. Milers daughter voiced the noises and grunts that Krtek made, and gave Miler the feedback from a child's perspective he needed to keep his stories focus on his young fans. Because the cartoons were presented with no dialogue, Krtek was held to no national boundaries.






No comments:

Post a Comment