Thursday, June 06, 2013

Kremlin, Moscow - RUSSIA - UNESCO #545

Today I had a wonderful surprise in my mailbox - my good friend Valya from Ukraine sent me some amazing soviet vintage cards from UNESCO sites. This one is from the exterior wall and the north tower of the Kremlin in Moscow, Russia. Thank you very much Valya for this beautiful card and valuable historical document - with this one I now have 41 sites, 921 to go. This postcard took 10 days to arrive!

UNESCO #545 - Kremlin (North Tower), Moscow - RUSSIA
 
Inextricably linked to all the most important historical and political events in Russia since the 13th century, the Kremlin (built between the 14th and 17th centuries by outstanding Russian and foreign architects) was the residence of the Great Prince and also a religious centre. At the foot of its ramparts, on Red Square, St Basil's Basilica is one of the most beautiful Russian Orthodox monuments.



No comments:

Post a Comment