Thursday, May 23, 2013

University of Coimbra - PORTUGAL - UNESCO #1387

This nice Maxicard (I'm really falling in love with maxicards - they're amazing!) came from my friend Zé from the POSTCROSSING forum. More than just a addition to my collection, this is a special card, because the University of Coimbra is a very important place to me (my father and both my sisters studied there) that I often visit. The library is one of the most beautiful in the world. Thanks a lot Zé. This postcard took 3 days to arrive!

UNESCO #1387 - University of Coimbra - PORTUGAL  (Maxi-Card)

Situated on a hill overlooking the city, the University of Coimbra comprises a cluster of buildings dedicated to the production and dissemination of knowledge, which has grown and evolved over more than seven centuries, and which unquestionably constitutes its own noble and well-defined urban area within the city of Coimbra. On a par with the remarkable physical presence of the buildings themselves, which are in many cases quite exceptional, and its history, which make it one of Europe's most ancient universities, the University possesses traditions and cultural features, peculiar to the institution, which have endowed it with a unique identity as a symbol of learning, both at home and abroad.



No comments:

Post a Comment