Friday, May 24, 2013

Srebarna Nature Reserve - BULGARIA - UNESCO #219

his postcard has a funny story - when I arrange a swap with Tsevetana, I've sent her a ethnographic map of Portugal... she was so pleased that she sent me another UNESCO site from Bulgaria (thanks Tsveti, you're very sweet) - the funny thing is that they arrived the same day (today) and meanwhile I've arranged a swap with another bulgarian postcrosser for the Srebarna Nature Reserve - thankfully they're different! Well now, with this one I've got 33, only 929 to the end! This postcard took 9 days to arrive!

UNESCO #219 - Srebarna Nature Reserve - BULGARIA
 
The Srebarna Nature Reserve is a freshwater lake adjacent to the Danube and extending over 600 ha. It is the breeding ground of almost 100 species of birds, many of which are rare or endangered. Some 80 other bird species migrate and seek refuge there every winter. Among the most interesting bird species are the Dalmatian pelican, great egret, night heron, purple heron, glossy ibis and white spoonbill.



1 comment:

  1. Lol, I had no idea they arrived at the same day. :) Maybe our post likes to send with priority nature postcards? :)))

    ReplyDelete