Monday, May 27, 2013

Mount Lushan - CHINA - UNESCO #778

Today I had a wonderful surprise in my mailbox; some days ago I've received a package from Jane in China with 2 blank postcards, one amazingly beautiful origami and a written letter - she didn't understood when I've said I prefer the postcards written (that's why she wrote a letter) and some days later, to my astonishment, I had a 3rd card from the awesome Mount Lushan, this time written and stamped! Thank you a million, you didn't have to bother, I loved it... I'm going to send you a nice "thank you" postcard! Well, this is another repeated site so the counting still stands at 33 down, 929 to go.  This postcard took 7 days to arrive!
   
UNESCO #778 - Mount Lushan - CHINA
   
Mount Lushan, in Jiangxi, is one of the spiritual centres of Chinese civilization. Rising 1474 meters above sea level, it covers a total area of 282 square kilometers. Buddhist and Taoist temples, along with landmarks of Confucianism, where the most eminent masters taught, blend effortlessly into a strikingly beautiful landscape which has inspired countless artists who developed the aesthetic approach to nature found in Chinese culture. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment