Thursday, May 09, 2013

Historic Centre of Český Krumlov - CZECH REPUBLIC - UNESCO #617

Another direct swap, another UNESCO site for my collection... Thanks to Jana I now have this beautiful postcard of Český Krumlov (this is hard to write!) another place completely new to me... I really love this small medieval towns, it's like entering a time machine to a distant past. So, after this one the count raises to 8, only 954 more UNESCO sites missing - at this pace it should take a couple of years or more, but I believe I'll make it! This postcard took 6 days to arrive!

UNESCO #617 - Historic Centre of Český Krumlov - CZECH REPUBLIC

Situated on the banks of the Vltava river, the town was built around a 13th-century castle with Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque elements. It is an outstanding example of a small central European medieval town whose architectural heritage has remained intact thanks to its peaceful evolution over more than five centuries.



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like my card. You have a nic blog :) I hope your UNESCO collection will keep growing!

    ReplyDelete